Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Our lovely princess

Friday, January 18, 2008

Me being a teacher?


A friend of mine asked whether I am interested in part time teaching. Her school has some vacancy for post of teachers, but I was a bit reluctant to apply for it. Reasons are been the following:

1. No teaching experience – I am not confident in convincing people to understand me! First thing first, I need to understand what I am trying to convey before helping other to understand what I am saying.

2. Cope with children – I would need to teach young children aged 7 – 10 years old. I don’t have much experience with children. I understand children nowadays are very active, intelligent and simply wouldn’t not take order teachers! Gosh! How to discipline an army of mischievous monkeys like that?? Some more, if you punish any of the children, you definitely will get some reprimand from the parents. It is not easy to cope with their children, not to mention coping with their parents’ demands again!!

3. Childhood Idol – I believe everyone of us in our childhood time, when ask what is your ambition or what you want to be when you grow up, the most answer given would be TEACHER? Isnt it? Because we meeting and facing our teachers everyday in schools besides our parents, so who else do we not idolised? Well, my dream was to be a teacher but as I growing up, I realize it is just a dream. You idolized your teacher, and this made you think that you want to be a teacher like your idol! *wink* As you go along, you realized being a teacher is not easy and a stressful profession to be.

So, how can I be a teacher? :)

1 comment:

Jacelyn Chew said...

yeah, teaching is easy, but it's important to have patience when coping with young kids.